Trueffect is hiring for a talented QA Engineer to join our team. We are looking for a smart, talented & energetic individual who is passionate about testing our applications and technology.
Are you highly motivated, a team player, and self-driven? If yes, talk to us! You are expected to thrive on a team tackling hard problems and bringing your knowledge and experience in pursuit of continuous excellence.
The Trueffect QA engineer plays an active and invaluable role in the development and deployment of our platforms. We are seeking innovative engineers to develop test tools and strategies for the continuous deployment of our next generation platform.
QA participates in all aspects of developing our platform into best of breed with a passion for quality and voice of the customer.
Here is our Technology Stack (cool stuff) in AWS & US based data centers:
Scala, Spark, Hadoop, Java, MapR, RESTful services, Mesos, Azkaban, Casandra, MySQL, Oracle, Kafka, DynamoDB, Redshift, EC2, S3 Buckets, Git, Jenkins, Bitbucket, Docker, Ansible, Angular, Bootstrap, CSS3, HTML5
- You will test and help evolve a platform supporting over hundreds of millions of impressions served per day and our data pipeline in AWS and data centers in the US.
- You will ensure quality, performance, and usability throughout our platform
- You will contribute to significant projects to change and improve the overall service we deliver to customers
- You will expand and maintain quality assurance processes, tools and documentation in support of development
- You will develop, integrate and maintain test tools that improve reliability, speed and accuracy of our testing process
- Work with development teams to harden, enhance, document, establish processes and generally improve the reliability and supportability of our platform
- Develop tools to automate the testing and result tracking of our applications
- Assist in the release of new deployments to facilitate our constant growth and roadmap initiatives
- Troubleshoot and help resolve defects/issues by reproducing steps and working with the development and client solutions team
Required Skills & Knowledge
- 3+ years of QA experience with web application testing
- 2 + years working with Unix environments
- Experience testing HTML, Java and Java script
- Experience and working knowledge of relational databases like SQL Server and Oracle
- Must be able to write simple SQL queries
- Experience with bug tracking tools (Rally, Bugzilla, Jira…)
- Experience with Testing Automation tools a plus
- Comfortable in a fast paced environment that uses Agile SDLC
- Team player with a passion for quality driven development
- Familiar with multiple operating systems, including Windows XP and Mac
- Familiar with cross browser testing including Internet Explorer, Safari, Chrome & Firefox
- Shows strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Aptitude for learning new tools and processes
- Must be independent, detail oriented, ready to take ownership, and a self-starter
Preferred Skills & Knowledge
- Working with Ad Server technology
- Testing in big data environments (Multiple millions of records a day)
- Scripting and automation skills (Designing and delivering test automation)